The commodities must be exempted if they are sold online without GST. To sell online, you must obtain a GST number if you sell goods subject to GST. You must obtain a GSTIN even if your annual turnover is less than Rs. 20 lakh. Before enrolling, vendors must confirm that they are not e-commerce operators by accepting the sites. As a result, no rule applies to the seller. For more information, you can visit the below link:
Limits on GST Exemptions
The following are the GST exemption limitations for goods providers (individuals/small and medium-sized organizations) for a financial year as of the 45th GST Council Meeting in September 2021:
- Total revenue of up to INR 40 lakhs is exempt in the regular category states.
- The exemption limit in particular category states (India’s hilly and north-eastern states) is INR 20 lakhs.
- If your total revenue falls between the above-mentioned ranges, you don’t need to register for GST.
- GST registration, on the other hand, becomes essential when
- You are a supplier with more than 20 lakhs and sell both exempt and taxable goods. This is true regardless of how much your business is made up of exempted goods.
If you are an Amazon seller who only sells GST-exempt items, you can avoid having to register for GST. If not, you’ll have to determine which exemptions apply to you.
How to Sell On Amazon without GST?
You can sell books on Amazon without paying GST, but other things not exempted by the government will require GST. Books, plastic bags, and some handicraft items are the only items that are exempt from GST. GST on Ecommerce Sellers: Based on the GST application, sellers are categorized into below categories:
- Selling products: Sellers that are selling goods must register with the GST. In other words, before registering to start an e-commerce business, sellers must have a GSTIN.
- Other than those listed in section 9(5), selling services: Vendors only need to register and collect GST if their sales reach the threshold of 20/10 lakh. They are not accountable for GST on any transactions conducted through an e-commerce operator if they are not registered.
The requirement for paperwork is one of the numerous reasons why individual sellers and small enterprises avoid internet marketplaces. While they obtain most of their customers by word of mouth in their local communities, this isn’t ideal for business expansion. You should know how to sell without paying GST on Amazon (i.e., Goods and Services Tax). It’s crucial to see the list of goods exempt from GST, whether you’re an individual seller or a professional vendor. It will assist you in your effort to sell without paying GST on Amazon.
According to government regulations, no GST is due if a company’s turnover is less than $20 million, yet neither Flipkart nor Amazon follows these guidelines. It is necessary to register for GST to sell non-exempt products via online platforms such as Amazon, Flipkart, and Meesho. Hopefully, this article provided you with a wealth of helpful knowledge.